Monday, February 15, 2016

February 1, 2016 The Lapa Legends

Good Evening Everyone!
This week has been rather hectic for the work. The referrals have not ceased to come in as we have continued to try and meet with people who are prepared. We are currently planning for a baptism of three people for this Saturday. But for the 27th, we are looking at around 18 to 20 right now. It's amazing to see the preparation in the people. They are so ready and so willing. We don't even have enough time to teach everyone so I got permission from President Carlson to stay after 7 to teach more people. Yes. It's safe Mom. I think... I never stayed out past seven. But I'm just going to stay at the chapel and teach there till 8. A lot of work. 







This game you see here is a game called Lapa. All of the children play it. You have about 12 to 14 shoes all scattered in the middle of the field of play. The goal is to get all 12 shoes into a line and count them. After counting, you need to pick them all up and drop them. But you have to dodge a ball being throw back and forth by two individuals. If you can catch the ball, you can kick it and start collecting the shoes. Elder Hawkins and I are champs at this. Often we jump in when we see some kid getting pretty cocky. One time I went in to throw and this kid looked at me and signaled to me to bring it on. So... I brought it on. He had no idea what hit him. It was too fast for him. Not going to lie, I impressed myself. But now, the kids love us and are names are legends here. We were walking through this one remote place in Doe Community and you hear "The white guys that play Lapa are here." Legends. No one was hurt though. Just scared.
Well, I love you all and hope you are doing well!
Love
Elder Treadway