Monday, February 15, 2016

February 8, 2016 Enter Elder Takouo

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope you are all doing well. This week was a rather crazy week. So, Elder Hawkins left Tuesday morning, leaving me in a threesome for the day. I didn't like that. So I called up a Branch Missionary and I went with him throughout the day visiting people. Tuesday night, my companion came. Elder Takouo from Ivory Coast. French Speaker. I only have three weeks left to train him. But his English is good. Not perfect but we can communicate. He is an obedient missionary and wants to work hard. I'm excited for the work that we are going to do. Lessons were a bit down this week because it was a little difficult for him to get out the words of what he wanted to say but I know in time things will pick up. I'm happy to be with him.
We were able to have three baptisms this week. We had Phebe, Tomnet, and Francois get baptized. Elder Takouo performed the baptisms for those three. Something strange happens when someone is baptized. I've seen it more than once. They sometimes shy and hesitant about certain things before baptism. But afterwards, something is alive in them. They begin to talk, be lively, laugh and smile. I've seen it more than once and it's something to just think back and smile about. 
Well, the travel plans have finally come. Crazy to think about it. I try not to but it's like right in my face! No amount of hiding it or something is going to get it out of my head. I'll I have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to me. (Yes. That was a paraphrase of Gandalf. I haven't lost that.) But I can sit around and just wait for it. Or I can work till the day comes. I'll choose the latter. 
Well, I'm going to be honest. I'm not super enthusiastic about emailing right now. I'm actually sorta suffering. This cafe we found is in the middle of an alley, no fan, no airflow, and it's noon. I'm like in a sweat shop for heavens sake. Oh L.I.B.
Love you all!
Elder Treadway