Friday, March 20, 2015

March 9, 2015 First Gospel Conversation with a Girl

Hey Everyone,
So this week was a wonderful week. I only got sick once so that is an improvement. haha. But nothing that some sugar cookies can't fix. (Yeah, I found some. Somehow.) But all is well. Mom, if I am making you worried, well 1. you should, I'm in Africa!!! and 2. Don't be. All is well. I know what I'm doing for the most part. 
So this week, Elder Antwi decided that he wanted to start contacting female girls to improve his ability to speak to females. I'm always a supporter of turning weaknesses into strengths so... I supported my companions righteous actions. As we were walking, I saw about a sixteen year old girl and told him to contact her. He didn't want to. So I greeted her and kept on walking. But something stirred within Elder Antwi and he went for it. Without knowing what to do. haha. He stopped her and just blanked. I stood afar to see what would happen. I just hear at the beginning, "Elder Treadway, Help Me!" So I come to the rescue and try my best to recover a failed Gospel Conversation by just talking to her about her day. I then turn it back to Elder Antwi to provide her with spiritual milk and instead he just says, "We would like to meet with you." Mind you, this was without telling her about who we are, what we do, or anything. He just stopped a girl and said, "We would like to meet with you." She said no. But let's not stop there. He then asks, "We would like to call you. Can I get your number?" She said no. Poor guy. So to help the poor girl out, I kind of just smoothly just end the lesson and dip. This will take some work. haha. Well, love you all. Have a great week.
Love
Elder Treadway