Monday, November 10, 2014

November 11, 2014 SCIENTISTS ARE DEMONS!

Hey Everyone,
So That quote as the subject comes from a Ghanaian Doctor. A lady in the ward named Sister Sabbah. "Scientists are Demons". Makes sense. Oh... Ghana. Ghana. So this week was a fantastic week. Just thrilling. Not really. The most exciting thing that happened this week was apartment checks. So what do I do? Take some Synaptol and go to work. Seriously though. The apartment is extremely nice. So I nice that you can eat off of it. Well, I wouldn't recommend it but if you wanted to, you could.
So Elder Barlow and I put an emphasis on visiting members that we really hadn't met with in the past. So we met with a member named Bro. Atilla. It was a very strange visit. The whole time he kept saying that he was "ahead of the church." I don't know what that means at all but I just went ahead with it. The one comment I had fun with though was when I asked him for his conversion story. He told me that it's just like Joseph Smith's. That caught my interest and ran with it. I continued to ask if he went out into the bush to pray and God and Jesus Christ came to him. And now this I quote. "No. It happened in my house." YES!!! We also have planned to visit one of the widows in the Branch every week. Her name is Sister Newton and she is the nicest and cutest ladies ever. We sat and talked with her. She expressed how she felt lonely and sad since her Husband died. So we told her if she needed anything, we were always there for her. Just as we were about to leave, she ran into her kitchen, came back with two malts for us and said, "Surprise!" while throwing her hands in the air as if she just one a game. It was so funny. Well, hope you all have a great week. Love you all. Stay strong. Smile. 
Love
Elder Treadway
p.s. I so was against wearing the Raincoat. My RC insisted. Before I could resist in Fante, the little children began to dress us. Also, we are having a rabbit stew tonight!!! Killed it and skinned it this morning. GHANA!!!