Monday, September 2, 2013

September 1, 2013 HELLO!!!





Hello,







This week has been an Eperience. Still adjusting to te life here. This week was pretty hard though. Elder Qgweta sprained his ankle very badly on pday and couldn't walk for three days so guess what I was doing monday, tuesday, and wednesday. I was playing nannie. haha. I haven't even been in the field for a week and I had to cook food for my companion. So, I thought to myself, this would be a perfect opportunity to experiment. Find something good. So i made rice porridge. I thought it was good, probably out of pride. Gqweta looked at it and said, "Oh my sick". NOt a single bite. Then I made egg salad sandwiches. That was actually pretty good. I made quite a few. I made lots of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I also made some stir fry. Gqweta just laughed when I told him it was stir fry. It really just was rice with fried veggies. That's stir fry? Right? haha
The work has been moving. We are meeting with a girl named lydia who is actually going somewhere. She is taking all of our commitments, accept for baptism. But she has come quite alot to church. She read the book of mormon. It's hard to teach though. I have created to voices. One is my apartment voice. And one is my proselyting voice. My apartment voice is an american voice. Quick and normal. But my proselytng voice is slow and with an acent. And very very simple vocabulary. They don't understand anything else. So it's an adjustment.
On thursday, we had a zone meeting that was sweet. We were talking abuot trimester goal that we have as a zone. And then presdient shulz revealed the trimeter goals and achieveemnts we had for the last trimester. So the mission wanted 372 baptisms. President Shulz thought it was unrealistic. The mission ended with 373. The work is moving forward here in Ghana. These people are prepared. I'm so honored to be part of this work tht is going throughout the world. I love this work. My testimony has grown so much. I love this gospel. It has changed so many peoples lives and it is changing mine even more. I can't wait for the day when I rise in the morning of the first resurrection, when I stand before my lord and my god, and he looks me in the eyes and says, "Well done, my good and faithful servant"  Oh how great my joy will be as I take my place beside my father and my brother Jesus Christ. I love them so much. Thank you all for the support. It is greatly appreciated.
Love,
Elder Treadway