Saturday, January 23, 2016

January 18, 2016 Back in the Trenches!

Good Afternoon Everyone!

So, as you all know, Transfer's came up and I got transfered! I am officially released as the AP and now am opening up Doe Community. On top of that, President is having me be the District Leader of the twelve man District I'm in as well as finish the training of a missionary from Utah named Elder Hawkins. He is a great kid who was having a tough time with his trainer so we took action. I'm excited for the new opportunities that have been presented to me. However, because I'm now back in the trenches, I'm now back to using the crappy African computers in a cafe so, let's see how this goes huh?
This week was a wonderful week for Elder Verdoni and I as we wrapped up our companionship with each other. We finished with a baptism of three of our investigators on Saturday. We had Muhammad, Jartu, and Noel baptized. They are doing so well. Muhammad is learning the importance of church, Jartu had to learn the importance of modesty, and Noel, well... Noel was just an angel. She has not done anything wrong her entire life I'm pretty sure. But they all have been taught, they are all acting upon what they have been taught and are truly growing.
I'm sad to be leaving Elder Verdoni but grateful for this opportunity to just finish out strong. We got a nice new apartment that we are opening up which is the nicest I've been in. We have a steady current from 7 in the evening to 7 in the morning which we are all grateful for. We have a nice view of the harbor which is also right next to West Point, the most dangerous slums in West Africa. Awesome, right? Well, I love you all and pray for your well being and happiness. 
Love 
Elder Treadway